Sara's Library

Sunday, July 26, 2015

WeWriWa - July 26, 2015 - Katie's Journey - Old Amarillo

Welcome back y'all! Last week, we met Michaela Dawson and saw her impact on our timid yet adventuresome Katie Knepp as Katie leaves the Gasthof settlement and heads to Texas  . . .  alone Katie just admitted to flinging her dinner on the trail. Let's see if we can find us a seat on the log and get a helping of gritty beans and see what happens next!

Michaela cocked her head, sending the shadows from the firelight bouncing across her angled features. “Really?”
Katie helped herself to another heaping bite. “When those coyotes surrounded me, right before I saw your camp, I figured they smelled the venison my sister packed for my dinner. So I gave the steaks a fling into the brush and ran.”
Slapping her leg, Michaela let loose with a whoop. “You fed the coyotes? My dear girl, you’re lucky they didn’t eat you alive!”

Katie pondered this and cleaned her plate of the gritty beans. “But they’d already had my steaks, what would they want with me?”

Thank you for stopping by! Get back to the WeWriWa bloghop here!

Don't forget to stop by the Prairie Rose Publications Fandango and help celebrate Christmas in July. Sign up for the Facebook event here. All 26 books are .99 cents or just 1.99 if they are a duet! Look for my .99 contribution -- The Bank Robber's Lament! 

3 comments:

  1. Katie is so very logical. I thought it was a great strategy! Enjoyed the snippet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie doesn't seem to get how small the amount of food she carried had to have been to those coyotes. I love Michaela's reaction here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why I laughed at Michaela's comment except I loved the way she spurted it out. Terrific visual around the campfire.

    ReplyDelete